Culinary Class (5-6 hrs): 850 Mad per person
- Meet and greet with our Moroccan chef, Tariq Hadine (speaks both English and French), to discuss the dishes the students would like to learn.
- Learn the correct preparation of Moroccan mint tea.
- Shopping in the medina souks in the morning to collect the day’s ingredients.
- Cooking class, preparing at least three dishes.
- Meal served from the food the students have prepared.
- Glass of local wine for tasting with the meal.
Three-day Epicurean Experience: 3200 Mad per person
- Day one – culinary class (same format as above).
- Day two – Medina food, culture and sightseeing commences with an early departure to the Medina to try breakfast local style (b’sarra, malawi, mint tea etc), followed by a guided visit to the main sights of the Medina combined with tasting experiences on the way – honey souk, nougat, makouda etc. Lunch local style – kefta/brochettes in khobz at place near Nejjarine. After lunch guide continues with normal visit to tanneries, medersas, mosques etc.
- Day three – full day excursion starting with a guided visit to Volubilis; followed by a couscous hand-rolling workshop with local women in Moulay Idriss and lunch of the couscous they have prepared; a visit to Meknes and then a tour of the ‘Les Celliers de Meknes’ winery. The wine tasting includes three of the Chateau Roslane, Premier Cru, Les Coteaux de L’Atlas wines and one champagne, and will be accompanied by a selection of locally made cheeses.
- Return to the riad – option to experience our Spa and Hammam treatments with
- 15 per cent discount.
Five-day Complete Connoisseur: 4900 Mad per person
- Day one to three, same format as Epicurean Experience.
- Days four and five – extra culinary classes going deeper into Moroccan cuisine, to include pastries.
- These itineraries are flexible and can be adapted to each client’s preferences (for example, the Epicurean Experience can include two days of classes and one of excursions).
- A half-day or two-day programme can also be developed using any of the elements offered – the price depends on excursions chosen.
- For languages other than French, English and Arabic a translator can be provided for an additional 500 Mad per day.